Friday, January 2, 2015

Shadowed

Book Review of  Shadowed (Dark Protector series)

Title: Shadowed


Series: Dark Protector


Author: Rebecca Zanetti


Date Published: October 3rd 2013


The Blurb: 
Jase Kayrs was the fun brother. The warm, charming, easy-going brother of the vampire leaders. Until he was taken and tortured by demons with their evil mind tricks for nearly five years. Upon his return, he’s dark, violent, and not the man they all thought they knew. Not the man he once was. He’s haunted that the only reason the demons would have let him live was to use him as a weapon against his family—but he can’t figure out when or how he’ll explode. Plus, once again the demons are after Jase with a vengeance…or rather, a female demon he rejected is out to destroy him. 

Then the king asks Jase for a favor…a big one. To mate with one of their allies in order to save her. She’s everything that’s good and light in the world…while he’s at home with darkness. Yet he agrees…knowing mating may be the only chance to save them both.
 

My Review


5 We Saved Each Other Stars



Spoilers

First read Dec 2014
Reread Nov 2016

“Who are these people?” Damn it. She licked snow off her lips. “The protesters are a group called Citizens Revolting Against Pagurus.” “CRAP?” he barked out. “You have a group called CRAP protesting in Dublin?”-Jase and Brenna

Omg I am in love with this series, and I'm in love with every single Kayrs brother (especially Talen and Jase!!!) I have devoured every book in this series without stopping for sleep. I just can't seem to put them down! This is Jase and Brenna's Story, and it doesn't disappoint! This book Picks up a few years after Jase was brought home from being held and tortured by the Demons. He is in a very bad place eaten up with anger and driven only by his need for revenge! Brenna is dying from being poisoned 10 years ago by a crazy witch that kidnapped her, Her only chance to live is to mate a powerful vampire. Jase agrees to mating with Brenna not only to save her, but so he can regain his powers lost since his torture and gain her powers to help aid him in destroying all demons! He doesn't have to force the mating mark to show up though like he planned because while kissing Brenna it appears proving they are fated to be mates, but he doesn't want love or for her to try to fix him just revenge!

“You two okay with that?” Brenna’s mind spun. They expected her to sit quietly during such a discussion? She lifted her chin. “My lady parts will be available for said mating during the next two weeks.” Jase barked out a laugh. “As will, ah, my gentlemanly parts.” Heat climbed into Brenna’s face. “I believe we have an agreement.” “Wait. You should demand multiple orgasms,” Jase said. Brenna coughed. “Excellent point. I so demand.” -Kane, Brenna, and Jase

**********************************************************************
“I thought that maybe after last night, you’d—” “What? Fall in love and be cured? Be able to have a normal life so all of you could relax and stop feeling so fucking guilty?”-Conn and Jase

Jase was so damn sexy Omg! So damaged and angry you can't help but wanna save him. As he lets Brenna in his heart and starts to slowly heal you see pieces of the old Jase playful, fun, lighthearted, but still strong, a fighter, and a survivor. You just can't help falling in love with Jase's character he has so much charm. Brenna God I loved Brenna! She is hands down my favorite heroine in the series(I have a feeling when Janie's book comes out she will give Brenna a run for her money!) Brenna is Smart, Funny, Sassy, Brave, Classy, and loyal everything you want in a heroine. 

“Vampires aren’t very good with the feelings stuff. If it’s something they can’t fight or kill, then it just pisses them off.” Brenna smiled. “Look at me. I’ve been a vampire mate for less than a day, and I’m full of wisdom.”-Brenna


“I’ll accept begging or whimpering from you, darlin’. But your time for commanding has passed.” With a sharp tug on her nipple, his hand slid down and pressed on her clit. “Oh God,” she moaned. “Praying will do.” -Jase and Brenna

I loved Jase and Brenna together. So much heat and passion my kindle was burning my hands. Brenna was so sweet and Jase so damaged it was touching the way Brenna slowly healed Jase. The way he craved her gentleness. He lowered his walls for her and she brought happiness and laughter back to his life. Jase wanted to change he wanted to be better for Brenna. And it was beautiful! We get to see more of our favorite couples from past books, Someone very important gets kidnapped, Plots thicken and everything is leading up to the Kalin, Zane and Janie showdown! Dayum this book had it all. If you have not read this book or this whole series for that matter you should. One of the best I have ever read! 

“You don’t want me?” His eyebrow rose. “Of course I want you.” She rolled her eyes. The man could probably scent her arousal. “But, well, I want more.” There. She’d said it. “So do I,” he said softly, gripping her chin with his thumb and forefinger. Her heart slammed against her ribs. Her childhood crush was actually coming true. “You do?” “Sure.” He kissed her again. “Give me a chance. I could make you happy.” “I want love.” Sometimes a girl just had to spell things out for a vampire. He nodded. “I know. So do I. All I can promise is that I’m open to anything and everything we could make. I have strong feelings for you, Brenna, trust me.”-Jase and Brenna




No comments:

Post a Comment