Friday, January 2, 2015

Hunted

Book Review of Hunted(Dark Protector series)



Title: Hunted


Series: Dark Protector


Author: Rebecca Zanetti


Date Published: April 24th 2012


The Blurb: 
Ready Or Not
Moira Dunne is a witch—the quantum physics kind. Time and space are her playthings. Which might explain why her one-night stand from a hundred years ago has turned up to “claim” her—and request her family’s assistance with the war he’s brewing. But the more she learns about Connlan Kayrs, the more she comes to think this is normal behavior for him…

There’s Nowhere To Hide
When Conn and Moira tumbled on the moonlit grass, Conn hadn’t meant to mark her as his mate for all time. She was only twenty! But it wasn’t easy to wait for her. It was even harder to forget her. So when he finally returns for his wicked-hot witch, he’s ready to let the sparks flying. Even if he burns up in flames

My Review





5 Connlan's Dailtín Stars



"I'm sorry I didn't come after you sooner, Moira."-Conn

First read Dec 16th 2014
Reread Nov 24 2016

*Spoilers*

My God I love this series so much. With each new book the plot just gets deeper and juicier. In this book (book 3) Conn is heading to Ireland to bring home his mate. He has given her 100 years to get use to the ideal of being his mate and to finish her witch training and education. But it won't be easy. Moira is upset that Conn left her for 100 years and she doesn't want to be another one of his obligations she wants love. 

"I am being a grown-up, jackass. This is an adult discussion."-Moira

******************************************************************
“Right. When you’re not enforcing our laws or having crazy vampire-monkey sex ... sure you’ll find time to start a college.” “Vampire-monkey sex?” Moira snorted. “Yep. That’s how I imagine it.”-Brenna and Moira

Connlan Kayrs is the ultimate super soldier He loses a lung, half a heart , both kidneys, liver and still ripping Mofo's heads off lol. He is a Kayrs so of course he is a sexy bad ass total alpha male (vampire) but he was very understanding with Moira and very patience. I almost rated this book 4 stars instead of 5 because of Moira, but the book was too good even with Moira being a lil brat to give it anything less than 5 stars. Conn calls her ‘Dailtín’(Brat) which fits her to a tee... Moira in the first part of the book made me want shake her a little. She was kinda selfish and immature, but she was also smart and brave, kick ass and loyal. Once she got over her butthurt feelings about Conn not really wanting her because he gave her a 100 years to finish her school(which she asked for) Moira grew on me. 

"I love you Moira. Asking you to be someone you're not, I wouldn't do. Besides, I'm excellent backup. And now that I have all this witch energy, I'd make a hell of an enforcer."-Conn

“Make no mistake, you and I remain solid even if the rest of the world blows up. We start at that point, then move outward.”-Conn

Conn and Moira made love and war. They fought and then had angry sex til about the middle of the book, but never did I doubt their love for each other. I loved getting a deeper look at Jordan and Katie's relationship dynamic, and can't wait to get their story. I also enjoyed getting to know Kane a little better. And as always it's a good read when Talen is involved. This book gave us readers a deeper peek into the sick mind of the up and coming bad guy Kalin. At only 15 boy does Kalin have issues, but for some reason that makes no sense at all I kinda like Kalin. In this book we also get a closer look at the witch part of this paranormal world. I really liked Brenna (Moira's little sister)she had a ton of sass. This book had it all.. magic, war, kidnappings, hot Kayrs brothers, and "wild vampire monkey sex" what more could you ask for......

"I love you, Connlan." His smile went wide. "I love you too. So how about we get married at the chapel where I first saw you? Tomorrow?" Married? "Well I guess it's time. I mean, since we courted for a century."-Moira and Conn






No comments:

Post a Comment